#OurTimeisNow: Ending Gender-Based Violence
November 24 & 25, 2016
To register, click here >>
Annual General Meeting: November 23, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond, BC
Click on the names below to learn more about our keynote speakers!
David Lisak, Forensic Consultant/Researcher – Sexual Assault Predators
Farrah Khan, Gender-Based Violence Counsellor, Educator and Artist
Si sityaawks (Jessica Wood), Gitxan/Tsimshian Community and Organizational Developer
Legal Services Society, Plenary Session on MyLawBC and Other Legal Resources
- Active Allyship – Reflective Practice in Anti-Violence Work
- The Behaviour and Characteristics of Serial Sex Offenders
- ICAT: Updated Best Practices and Information Sharing Parameters
- Coordinating Sexual Assault Responses
- Supporting LGBT2SQ Women Experiencing Same-Sex/Same-Gender Relationship Violence
- Lateral Violence
- Overview of Family Law
- Domestic Violence and Protection Orders
- Creative Interventions to Support Young Women Impacted by Violence
- Forum for Domestic Violence Unit Partnerships
- Widening the Frame: Intersectionality and Indigenous Violence-Informed Practice
- Without Consent: Strategies for Supporting Victims of Forced Marriage
- Best Practices for Women with Disabilities and Deaf Women: Avoiding Secondary Violence Through Systemic Barriers
- Facilitating Support Groups for Women Survivors of Gender-Based Violence
- Overview of Child Protection Law
- Overview of Immigration Law
The Annual Training Forum 2016 is being delivered in partnership with Legal Services Society of BC.
Artwork kindly provided by Sheila Norgate, Gabriola Island, BC.
This event is made possible with funding from the BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and Department of Justice Canada.