As a condition of my membership and participation, I agree as follows:
- To the best of my ability, I will try to ensure that any advice or information that I post to the EVA BC Listserv is legally accurate.
- However, I understand that any legal information or advice that I receive from the EVA BC Listserv is merely part of the efforts of the listserv’s members to help each other work effectively, and that I am solely responsible for any use I may make of this information or advice in my work.
- To protect the confidentiality of my own and other members’ clients, I will not post the name of a client or any information that might identify a client, in a message to the EVA BC Listserv.
- I understand that EVA BC, through the Moderator, is responsible for monitoring EVA BC Listservs.
- I will not post to the EVA BC Listserv any statement which I know to be defamatory.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for any statements which I post to the EVA BC Listserv, and I agree to hold EVA BC and the other members of the listserv harmless from any legal consequences resulting from my statements.
- I agree that, if a message to the EVA BC Listserv defames me, I will not sue EVA BC, its staff, or members of the listserv (other than the author of the defamatory email).
- I understand that EVA BC cannot guarantee that the listserv will be error free or uninterrupted, or that it will meet any specific requirements that I may have.
- I agree that EVA BC shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use or operation of the EVA BC Listserv, or any websites or other services provided by EVA BC and I hereby release EVA BC, staff and any institutions with which they are affiliated from any and all claims of any nature arising from such use.
- I understand that the listserv is not to be used to ask questions of EVA BC, and if I have a specific question or concern about EVA BC I will contact them by phone.
- I agree that I will endeavor to follow the Guidelines for Members (below) and that I will follow any changes to those Guidelines that may be sent to members of the listserv from time to time.
- I understand that if I do not adhere to the terms in this agreement, my membership in an EVA BC Listserv may be revoked.
Guidelines for Members
Members of the listserv may: Exchange information and news; request information from other members e.g., educational resources and contacts; discuss and clarify work-related issues; develop common positions and strategies on issues facing survivors of violence and the programs that serve them.
We hope that the listserv will provide members with a useful forum for information sharing and vital and exciting discussions. At the same time, we want to make sure that the listserv is not bogged down with unnecessary or inappropriate posts. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure that the listserv remains useful and stress-free.
The listserv moderator may need to remind members of guidelines as time goes on; however, it is the responsibility of individual group members to adhere to guidelines to the best of their abilities at all times.
Membership is for workers and managers in STV Counselling Programs, STV/Multicultural Outreach Programs, and Community-Based Victim Service Programs that hold current membership in EVA BC. The Community Coordination listserv is for people currently participating in a community coordination group.
Please always remember the listserv is NOT a confidential forum.
Although the listserv is not confidential, we ask that you respect the privacy of other members who post messages to the listserv. Do not copy any message from the listserv to a non-member without the permission of the author.
Do not post the name of any client, or any information that could identify a client.
Think carefully before sharing personal information about yourself such as your home address or phone number.
It is very important that the listserv be efficient and useful. Any message sent to the listserv should contain original, useful information or a relevant question for other members.
Please only post messages that are specifically concerned with anti-violence work.
Please do not post: jokes; chain mail; virus warnings; promotions of your business/services; messages that simply say “thanks” or “I agree”.
Please limit the length of your posts. If you are referring to an article in your message, either quote briefly from it or direct others to where they can read it themselves.
Please communicate in a polite and respectful manner at all times. Listservs are collaborative, professional forums for discussion. Members may not post defamatory, harassing, harmful, obscene, offensive, or knowingly false information to the listserv.
Is My Post Best Suited for the Listserv?
Sometimes discussions are better continued outside the context of the listserv. This may be the case if the topic is highly confidential or sensitive, or if two or more members have begun a discussion that is outside the area that the listserv is meant to discuss. In these cases, it is asked that members connect with one another directly and not use the listserv. At the same time, if it is unclear whether another listserv member is comfortable with being emailed directly, please ask permission first.