Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Administrative Assistant
- Agency / Organization
- Ending Violence Association of BC
- Contact name
- Hiring Committee
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V6B 1L8
- The Ending Violence Association of BC (EVA BC) is looking for an energetic individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant, to work 4 days/week for a one-year term position, with possibility of renewal. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative and logistical activities to support the efficient operation of the organization and its programs.
• Minimum of two years of office administration experience preferred
• Excellent computer skills, preferably using a Mac computer
• Technical skills including ability to use video editing software, perform website maintenance, and knowledge of Adobe applications an asset
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience maintaining databases
• Experience in electronic file management
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, including experience in minute taking
• Proven prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team structure
• Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
• Social media skills and experience an asset
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative support to Executive Director, Office Manager, and other staff
• Provide logistical support for events, meetings and training workshops
• Collate evaluation forms from various trainings
• Maintain an up-to-date database of key community contacts and partners
• Support membership renewal process
• Assist with social media and website maintenance
• Maintain up-to-date electronic files and documents
• Coordinate travel arrangements
• Research products and order supplies
• General administrative tasks including filing, photocopying, faxing and mail outs
• Provide technical support for video, audio, and office equipment
• An understanding of the dynamics of violence against women
• Experience working in a non-profit organization
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the position to:
The Hiring Committee
Ending Violence Association of BC
1404-510 West Hastings Street Vancouver, BC V6B 1L8
Include in subject line of your email “Administrative Assistant - EVA BC”.
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, August 15th at 12pm PST
Qualified candidates who are Indigenous, living with disabilities, racialized folks, and LGBT2SQ+ folks are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Closing Date