Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Free Store and Volunteer Supervisor
- Agency / Organization
- Ishtar Transition Housing Society
- Contact name
- Elizabeth Fricker
- Administration Manager
- 101 6350 203rd St
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V2Y 1L9
- Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, or her delegate, The Free Store Supervisor will oversee all the running and maintenance of Ishtar’s Free Store, known as Isabelle’s Boutique, and the in-kind donations program. The Supervisor will meet regularly with Program Coordinators to determine Program needs and source the community for donations as applicable. The Supervisor will also be responsible for events such as the Christmas Shop and will assist with fundraising events. This position requires some heavy lifting. The Supervisor will also recruit, train and supervise volunteers to assist in the store.
Wages: BCGEU Grid 10: $17.47 - $20.34 per hour based upon experience.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm for a total of 35 hours per week. Hours will be flexible to accommodate program requirements. The position is ongoing contingent upon funding. Vacation will not be allowed in the four weeks preceding Christmas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of Isabelle’s Boutique, using trained volunteers where possible.
• Schedule, receive and pick up donations as required and keep a variety of related records.
• Liaise with Transition House and Program Coordinators to assess needs.
• Perform inventory in accordance with established policies and maintain related records.
• Provide information about the donations and services to the public
• Be current on all Policies and Procedures to ensure they are followed. Amend relevant policies and procedures according to needs of Women and Children
• Recruit, interview, select, train, place, schedule, supervise, support, evaluate and recognize Boutique volunteers.
• Maintain records of volunteer placements, hours, activities, requests and concerns.
• Act as a liaison between staff and volunteers and clients and keep staff advised of program changes
• Arrange events connected with Isabelle’s Boutique, such as the Christmas Shop, Bra Night.
• Source donations from the community for Program needs
• Perform other related duties as required
• A combination of relevant post-secondary education and experience in the work to end violence against women
• An intersectional feminist analysis regarding violence against women
• Supervisory experience
• Previous experience as a volunteer
• Experience developing and delivering training to volunteers
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Previous program coordination experience, particularly volunteer coordination an asset
• Current Class 5 driving license and access to a reliable vehicle
Please forward your resume together with a covering letter explaining how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls or emails. We thank all applicants but are only able to contact those shortlisted. The posting will close when a suitable candidate is hired.