Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Coordinator Community Based Victim Assistance Program
- Agency / Organization
- Nelson CARES/The Advocacy Centre
- Contact name
- Amy Taylor
- Manager, The Advocacy Centre
- 521 Vernon Street
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V1L 4E9
- This permanent part-time position reports to the Manager of The Advocacy Centre. The Community-Based Victim Assistance Program Coordinator provides support, information related to the justice system and advocacy to victims of violence in relationships, sexual assault, child abuse and criminal harassment; provides support and supervision to the Community-Based Victim Assistance Support Worker; and facilitates community coordination and outreach.
Education and Skills:
• Bachelor of Social Work degree, or related post-secondary education, or equivalent training and experience.
• Minimum 5 years experience working one-on-one with victims of violence.
• Extensive training and/or experience in victim services and crisis intervention.
• Significant experience in the area of gender-based violence and violence against women.
• Experience in staff supervision, community coordination/development and workshop presentation and facilitation.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Understanding of the impact of biases respecting race, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, dis/abilities is essential.
• Knowledge of the criminal and family justice systems, the Child, Family and Community Services Act and procedures, and social service systems is highly desirable.
• Valid BC Driver’s License and vehicle available for work
• Satisfactory Criminal Record check.
Hours: 21 hours per week.
Compensation: $22-$23/hour depending on experience.
Applications should include resume and three references. Please direct enquiries and applications to:
The Advocacy Centre
521 Vernon Street
Nelson, BC, V1L 4E9
Nelson CARES Society is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All internal candidates whose qualifications and experience for the position are equal to or greater than outside candidates will be awarded an interview. All internal candidates will be contacted as to the status of their applications.
- (250) 352-5777
- Closing Date