Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Casual Women’s Support Worker
- Agency / Organization
- Ishtar Transition Housing Society
- Contact name
- HR Manager
- 101 6350 203rd St
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V2Y 1L9
- The Women’s Support Worker provides support to women and children who are fleeing violence and abuse and staying at or considering coming to the transition house.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides emotional support, accompaniment, transportation, referrals and resources for women, children and youth
• Supports women to meet their self-determined goals
• Provides advocacy as requested
• Provides accompaniment and/or transportation such as to court, police and medical appointments
• Participates in public education to raise awareness of physical or sexual assault and/or abuse
• Consults and liaises with community service agencies to maintain up-to-date information on available resources and develop community relations
• Maintains and provides statistics and reports regarding service delivery as required
• Performs other related duties as required
• 2 years direct experience or relevant experience and/or related post-secondary education
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and have a reliable vehicle (mileage paid for work use)
• First Aid Certificate
• An intersectional feminist perspective, empathetic, ability to work
independently and in a group, conflict resolution skills
• Fluency in languages other than English a definite asset
• This position requires some lifting
This position requires Union membership.
Please send a covering letter describing:
• why you are interested in this position and how your skills, qualifications and past experiences suit you for this position
• why you think women experience violence
No telephone calls please. Only those selected will be contacted.
- Closing Date