Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Women’s Support Worker
- Agency / Organization
- Contact name
- Mary Hoang
- British Columbia
- POSITION: Women’s Support Worker
DEPARTMENT: Family and Settlement Services
The Women’s Support Worker will provide services for immigrant women in the Surrey area who have experienced, or are at risk of, abuse, threats, or violence in an intimate relationship; and/or have experienced historical sexual abuse, sexual assault and/or childhood abuse. The services provided will be in response to the diverse needs of women and will include counselling support and psychoeducation, workshops, advocacy, and referrals. The Women’s Support Worker will prioritize the safety of women and children, and ensure that support provided is sensitive to the social, cultural, linguistic and economic values of women. The Women’s Support Worker will work collaboratively through an Integrated Services Approach with MOSAIC’s Family and Settlement Services, as well as with other MOSAIC services staff.
• A bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or combination of relevant education, training and experience
• Knowledge about dynamics of gender-based violence; anti-violence sector; trauma informed practice; issues impacting immigrant, refugee and visible minority populations; community resources, programs and services
• Proficiency with standard office equipment and software applications
• Excellent counselling skills, group facilitation skills, advocacy skills and organizational skills
• Good communication skills in verbal and written English language
• 3 to 4 years of experience working in the anti-violence sector as a frontline worker
• Experience in providing individual and group counselling support
• Experience in developing and delivering workshops
• Experience advocating with and on behalf of clients
• Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to be empathetic and sensitive
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• High degree of self-awareness and commitment to self-care
• Car ownership an asset
• Additional languages an asset, particularly Arabic, Dari/Farsi
• Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check
HOURS: 35 hours per week
STARTING PAY: $21.20-$23.86 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
TERM: Contract will end on March 31, 2019 with possible extension dependent on government funding
RESUMES TO: ATTN: Mary Hoang, Manager, at email@example.com
Please reference “Support Worker” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (WORD / PDF format). No telephone calls please
DEADLINE: April 23, 2018
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: April 9, 2018
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
- (604) 254-9626
- Closing Date