Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator
- Agency / Organization
- KAMLOOPS SEXUAL ASSAULT CS CTR
- Contact name
- Barb Gladdish
- Agency Coordinator
- 601 235 1ST AVE
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V2C 3J4
- SEXUAL ASSAULT/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESPONSE TEAM COORDINATOR
Kamloops Sexual Assault Counselling Centre is a feminist organization that supports individuals who have experienced sexualized violence. We provide counselling, support services, advocacy, education, and prevention. The Kamloops Sexual Assault Counselling Centre’s purpose is to provide client centered support services to all individuals regardless of race, culture, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, ability, socio-economic status, and age.
JOB TITLE: Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator Reports to: KSACC Agency Coordinator Salary: $25.00/hour Hours: 20 hours/week Start Date: June 2018 – June 2019 (52 week appointment)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and training of volunteer personnel and the provision of emergency response support to clients of the Centre using an intersectional feminist based framework. Volunteer Coordination includes recruiting, screening, training, evaluation, and retaining Centre volunteers.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The position requires the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator to have a minimum of a 2 year diploma in a social service discipline and 2 years’ experience, or equivalent related education and experience. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, organizational abilities, advocacy skills, and flexible availability. Experience training adult learners is an asset.
SCOPE: The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team Coordinator will work closely with the staff of KSACC and the Y Women’s Shelter. They will ensure appropriate volunteer coverage and training for the SA/DV program. They will also support the development of the KSACC volunteer process, procedures, and policies in conjunction with the Agency Coordinator.
1. Coordinating volunteers, including recruiting, screening, training, evaluating, and retaining Centre volunteers.
2. Provide support to volunteers through consultation, debriefing and training
3. Maintaining volunteer personnel files.
4. Ensuring communication between volunteers and staff at both KSACC and the Y Women’s Shelter
5. Coordinating volunteer recognition at the AGM and through other appropriate opportunities
6. Coordinating Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Response Team statistics
7. Provide public presentations and training to members of the community as appropriate and as
8. Maintain and liaise with other community agencies
9. Create monthly volunteer social and education opportunities
10. Create a monthly volunteer newsletter
11. Other tasks or duties as requested by the Agency Coordinator.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit the following documents by 4:00 pm on June 8, 2018.
Incomplete packages will not be reviewed.
Cover letter detailing how your education and experience directly relates or connects to the
3 professional references
All of these documents should be emailed to:
KSACC Board of Directors
- (250) 372-0179
- Closing Date