Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Counsellor - Child & Youth Mental Health and PEACE program
- Agency / Organization
- North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society
- Contact name
- Heather Hamilton
- Office Manager
- 336 B Avenue, Box 546
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V0G 1M0
- Permanent Part-time Employment Opportunity
North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society
Counsellor - Child & Youth Mental Health and PEACE program
An exciting opening for a Counsellor to work with children and youth.
15.5 hours per week - with potential for increased hours depending on funding.
As the Child and Youth Counsellor, you will provide comprehensive evidence-based services for children and youth under the age of 19, and their parents and caregivers, residing in Kaslo and the surrounding area. You will work closely with members of the counselling team, referring agencies and community partners. Clinical supervision will be provided.
• Master’s degree in a related social services field or a lesser degree with a combination of training and experience
• Able to be registered or licensed with an appropriate provincial body.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessment and treatment of children and youth who experience mental, emotional and behavioural problems.
• Demonstrated experience providing individual, group, and family, psycho-educational and brief therapy.
• Demonstrated consultation and liaison skills with external agencies.
• Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Please see www.nklcss.org for full job description.
Please submit resume to Administrator at North Kootenay Lake Community Services Society. Fax 1-250-353-7694 or email email@example.com
Wage starting at $24.64/hour
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Closing Date