Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Employers: We welcome postings from anti-violence programs across BC. Please click on the link in the top right corner to submit a job posting or a volunteer opportunity you have to offer. All submissions must be accompanied by complete contact information.
Your notice will be posted as soon as possible after we receive it, and will remain on our site until the application deadline. If the deadline is extended or the job is re-posted, please email us to update your posting.
- Women’s Support Worker
- Agency / Organization
- Contact name
- Maria Socorro Mangila-Nguyen, MSW, RSW
- Interim Executive Director
- 4980 Kingsway
- Burnaby, BC
- British Columbia
- Postal Code
- V5H 4K7
- Internal & External Job Posting
POSITION: Temporary Part-time Women’s Support Worker
The Women’s Support Worker must be proficient in English, Punjabi and Hindi. She will provide individual and/or group support and advocacy to immigrant and visible minority women and their children who are facing family violence.
• Cross-cultural counselling skills and experience
• Knowledge of dynamics of gender based violence, and acculturation issues impacting immigrant, refugee and visible minority women and their children
• Experience in providing individual and group counselling support
• Experience in advocating on behalf of vulnerable populations
• Ability to be empathetic and sensitive to socio-economic and ethno-cultural values
• Relevant university degree or diploma in Social Work or relevant counselling or related experience
• Effective cross-cultural communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledge of other South Asian languages an asset
• Knowledge of relevant resources
• Ability to work effectively with other professionals in the community
• Proficient in using office equipment and software applications
Requirement: Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Hours: Flexible hours (14 hours/week)
Pay Range: $19.39 - $22.58/hour depending on qualifications and experience
Temporary position for 3 months with possibility of extension based on performance appraisal and availability of funding.
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: June 22nd, 2018
Please reply in writing with a resume and cover letter to:
Maria Socorro Mangila-Nguyen, MSW, RSW: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (604) 436-1025
- Closing Date