EVA BC’s 2021 Annual Training Forum – conducted online for the first time – focused on honouring anti-violence workers through building their capacity to carry forward their crucial work of supporting survivors of gender-based violence and their communities.
Over our four days together, the 2021 Training Forum:
- Explored the current contexts of anti-violence work and those most impacted by gender-based violence;
- Gained knowledge and skills in responding to emerging issues, including providing services during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Built strategies for wellness, self-care, and mitigating the impacts of vicarious trauma;
- Integrated intersectional, anti-racist and decolonizing approaches; and
- Created opportunities for cross-provincial and cross-sectoral connection.