Funded Family Justice 211 Report Service

EVA BC Information Update, December 2018

Section 211 of the BC Family Law Act authorizes courts to order reports that assess the needs of a child, the ability of a party to satisfy those needs and/or the views of a child. These reports help judges understand the parenting capacities of guardians and how the best interests of a child can be met.

Reports can only be ordered by a court, and are not made available routinely. Most reports are ordered by the Provincial Court, although the service receives a number of Supreme Court referrals each year as well. There is no cost for these reports when provided through a Family Justice Centre.

See this EVA BC Update  for more information on the Family Justice 211 Report Service.