Looking for work in the anti-violence sector? Check out the postings below for paid jobs and volunteer opportunities. Employers: please click here for information on submitting a posting.
Child and Family Therapist
Victoria Child Abuse Prevention & Counselling Centre
101-1208 Wharf Street
Victoria Child Abuse Prevention & Counselling Centre (VCAPCC) is posting for the position of Child and Family Therapist. This is a unionized (BCGEU) position, to provide therapy and education to children, youth and families who have experienced abuse or where abuse is suspected and to provide information, education and training regarding abuse issues to individuals and groups in the community.
Qualifications-Applicants must have:
- M.S.W, M.A, M.Ed, M.B.A, M.Sc
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience using evidence based therapeutic interventions such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience working with children, youth and families on trauma issues
- Experience with group therapy/psychoeducation. This position may be called to conduct group sessions with parents/caregivers to provide educational information, strategies, skills and tools to best support the child/youth in their care. May be called to facilitate therapeutic groups with child/youth clients related to various intervention themes.
- Experience with assessment, treatment plan development and clinical notetaking
- Candidate will need to commit to agency policies and practices as expected by accreditors, funders and management
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a welcoming, friendly, safe and respectful environment which affirms and promotes the dignity of children and adults with diverse backgrounds, interests and needs and reinforces socially responsible behaviour.
- An in-depth knowledge of child development, abuse dynamics, family systems and mental health issues
- Knowledge of child protection and legal systems
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a professional team
- Competent computer knowledge and skills
- Good self-care skills
This position is open to all genders. Hours of work per week are 28hrs at VCAPCC’s main office located at 101-1208 Wharf St. This position paid at CSSEA/BCGEU Grid 16-P, a starting hourly rate of $37.66-46.15 depending on step level. Health and welfare benefits will be provided after successfully completing a probationary period of 455hrs. This position is eligible for the Municipal Pension Plan after 2 years of continuous employment.
Interested internal candidates are asked to send an email with an expression of interest to:
Sam Cameron, Admin Manager
This posting will be live until the position is filled.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Start: As soon as possible