Across the Years
About 330 people attended EVA BC’s Annual Training Forum 2019 that took place on November 28 and 29, 2019 at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC. Besides the many anti-violence workers who attended from all over British Columbia, participants included representatives from police, health, justice, government, and academia.
2019 Keynote Speakers:
- Myrna McCallum, LLB – Intergenerational Trauma-Informed Legal Advocacy
- Dr. Jennifer Charlesworth, BC Representative for Children and Youth – Key Questions About Gender-Based Violence: Supporting BC Children, Youth and Young Adults
- Dr. Myrna Dawson – Femicide in Canada and Globally: Identifying Gender-Based Motives/Indicators in the Killings of Women and Girls
- Vathsala Illesinghe, PhD Candidate – Immigrant Women’s Experiences of Intimate Partner Violence in Canada: Taking a Transnational View
- Dr. Catherine Richardson/Kinewesquao – Dignity and Recovery Across the Lifespan: Helping Survivors of Gendered Violence Reclaim Their Lives
Artwork “Pilgrim’s Journey” kindly provided by Vancouver artist Joey Mallett
© 2019 Joey Mallett. All rights reserved.