Advancing Safety Through Connection and Community
November 16 & 17, 2017
Annual General Meeting November 15th
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Please note this brochure (as of September 12, 2017) contains the following workshop correction: Understanding and Addressing Trauma Experienced by Indigenous Peoples has been moved to Friday, November 17th.
- Deputy Commissioner Brenda Butterworth-Carr, Commanding Officer, RCMP “E” Division
- Jan Ference – Early Attachment and the Neurobiological Impact of Trauma, Violence and Neglect
- Child and Youth Advocacy Centres Plenary Panel – A Multi-Disciplinary Response to Violence Against Children and Youth
- Vikki Reynolds – Justice-Doing with Each Other: Working with Our Colleagues with Dignity and Respect
Workshop themes this year include:
- Trauma Experienced by Indigenous Peoples
- Resisting Burnout
- Supporting Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Third Party Reporting
- Trauma, Neglect, Violence and Brain Development
- Queer- and Trans-Inclusive Anti-Violence Services
- Responses to Women with Disabilities and Deaf Women
Artwork kindly provided by Sheila Norgate, Gabriola Island, BC.
This event is made possible with funding from the BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.