2018 Training Forum
Supporting Survivors | Changing Culture
November 15 and 16, 2018
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond, BC
Please check back for registration information!
- Shelly Johnson – Perpetrating Sexual Violence on Indigenous Bodies: Advocacy within this Colonial Context
- Krittika Ghosh – Using an Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression Framework to Prevent and End Gender-Based Violence
- Melanie Randall – Ideal Victims, Indigeneity, Credibility and Sexual Assault Law: Shackles, Erasure and Women’s Resistance
- RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki – Follow Up to the RCMP ‘Unfounded’ Investigation
- Kerry Porth – Are We Not Women? Anti-Sex Work Ideology as a Barrier to Accessing Services
Pre-Conference Consultation: Sexual Assault Prevention, Education and Response in BC
November 14, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
EVA BC is organizing this consultation with the goal of bringing together representatives from a range of programs that have historically been key stakeholders in the provision of prevention, education, response, training, advocacy and policy for sexual assault survivors, to discuss current strengths and gaps and what we collectively would like to see in place going forward. Please Note: Attendance at this consultation is not limited to attendees of EVA BC’s Training Forum. We hope SAIPs, PEACE and others will join. EVA BC is unable to offer any travel subsidies for this event. Lunch will be provided.
Artwork kindly provided by Sheila Norgate, Gabriola Island, BC.
This event is being made possible with funding from the BC Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General.