Anti-Violence Worker Support
Join a Community of Practice
EVA BC has seven Communities of Practice (CoPs) for programs and coordination initiatives under our provincial umbrella:
- Program support CoPs:
- Stopping the Violence Counselling programs (STVC)
- Stopping the Violence and Multicultural Outreach programs (STV ORS and MORS) – collectively referred to as Outreach services (ORS)
- Community-Based Victim Services programs (CBVS)
- Emergency Sexual Assault Services (ESAS) CoPs:
- General Emergency Sexual Assault Services
- Indigenous Emergency Sexual Assault Services
- Coordination (CCWS) CoPs:
- Community Coordination
- Interagency Case Assessment Teams (ICATs)
The Communities of Practice are forums for programs to share information and resources, to identify and discuss shared concerns and issues, to celebrate successes, to ask questions and find answers, to network, and to engage in discussion on work-related issues.
Step 1: Make sure you are eligible
Program Support Communities of Practice
To join any of the program support Communities of Practice, you must work in a Stopping the Violence Counselling, Stopping the Violence or Multicultural Outreach, or Community-Based Victim Services program funded by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, and your program must hold a current EVA BC membership. Please note that executive directors must be carrying a caseload to join the CBVS, STV Counselling or STV and Multicultural Outreach Communities of Practice, and managers will need permission from their executive directors to join the Executive Directors Community of Practice.
To join a program support Community of Practice for STVC, STV ORS, MORS or CBVS workers, please go to Step 2 below.
Emergency Sexual Assault Services (ESAS) Communities of Practice
To join an Emergency Sexual Assault Services CoP, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordination Communities of Practice
Read the Program Support Community of Practice User Guidelines and Agreement and then complete the form below: