About Ending Violence Association of BC
The Ending Violence Association of BC (EVA BC) is a dynamic, solutions-based provincial non-profit association that trains and supports over 300 anti-violence programs and cross-sector initiatives across BC that respond to sexual and domestic violence, child abuse, criminal harassment and workplace bullying and sexual harassment and hate.
Our programs include BC’s Community Based Victim Services, Stopping the Violence (STV) Counselling, STV Outreach/Multicultural Outreach, and Sexual Assault/Woman Assault programs. Among our cross-sector initiatives are Third Party Reporting for Survivors of Sexual Assault, Sexual Assault Coordination, Violence in Relationships Coordination, and Interagency Case Assessment Teams.
We wish to respectfully acknowledge that our main office is located on the unceded, ancestral, and traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the overall administrative responsibilities for the Cross Sectoral stream. This position will also be part of the overall administrative team of EVA BC to support the operations of the organization.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
• Provide logistical/technical support for events, meetings and training
• Maintain an up-to-date database of stakeholders and key contacts
• Input online training evaluation surveys, using digital tools such as Survey Monkey and collate evaluations from various trainings
• Assist in preparing contracts and invoices
• Maintain calendars, schedule meetings and record minutes
• Provide general office organization and administrative support including electronic file management, as well as ordering supplies and equipment
Interested candidates should have a combination of the following:
● Minimum of one year of office administration experience
● Excellent computer skills
● Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Experience in electronic file management
● Experience in a non-profit environment
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Proficient communication skills, both oral and written, including experience in minute taking
● Detail oriented with proven prioritizing and multitasking skills
● Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work within deadlines, be a collaborative team player, work independently, and show initiative and creativity
Qualified candidates who are Indigenous, racialized, living with disabilities, and/or who are 2SLGBTQQIA+ are encouraged to apply.
• The starting salary for this role is $23.00 per hour, based on 35 hours per week.
• This position works primarily from / in the EVA BC office.
We thank all the applicants in advance. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested individuals are invited to forward their resume and cover letter outlining suitability for the position by 4:30pm on Monday, October 3, 2022 to:
Ending Violence Association of BC
510 – 1155 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 2P4
Email: email@example.com with the subject line ATTN: Hiring Committee – Admin Coordinator – Cross Sectoral Services