About Ending Violence Association of BC
The Ending Violence Association of BC (EVA BC) is a dynamic, solutions-based provincial non-profit association that trains and supports over 300 anti-violence programs and cross-sector initiatives across BC that respond to sexual and intimate partner violence, child abuse, criminal harassment, workplace bullying, sexual harassment, and hate.
Our programs include BC’s Community-Based Victim Services, Stopping the Violence (STV) Counselling, STV Outreach/Multicultural Outreach, and Sexual Assault/Woman Assault programs.
We wish to respectfully acknowledge that our office is located on the unceded, ancestral, and traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Provincial Services, the Administrative Coordinator of Provincial Services will be responsible for supporting the overall administrative responsibilities for the Provincial Services stream including membership, technology, trainings and events, financial systems, and other programs/projects arising from the deliverables of the Provincial Services stream. This position will also be part of the overall administrative team of EVA BC to support the operations of the organization.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
• Support the overall administration of Provincial Services
• Maintain an up-to-date database of member programs and coordinate annual membership renewal using FileMaker Pro, Excel, and MailChimp
• Facilitate communications with programs through listservs and other communication tools
• Provide logistical/technical support for events, meetings, and trainings, including developing and reviewing presentation materials, coordinating registration, providing tech support, and moderating workshops/webinars
• Input online training evaluation surveys, using digital tools such as SurveyMonkey, and collate evaluations from various trainings
• Organize and track funding proposals, reports, and internal financial systems; assist in preparing contracts and invoices
• Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, and record minutes
• Prepare packages and organize mailouts to member programs
• Support staff with minor troubleshooting and maintenance of computers
• Identify and coordinate website content updates
• Work with other service streams to enhance external communication
• Provide general office organization and administrative support including electronic file management, as well as ordering supplies and equipment
• As part of the overall administration team, work with others to support the organization’s key deliverables/events as they emerge from time to time
Interested candidates should have a combination of the following:
● Minimum of 1-2 years of office administration experience
● Excellent computer skills
● Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Experience in electronic file management
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including experience with minute taking
● Detail oriented with proven prioritizing and multitasking skills
● Technical skills, including ability to use video editing software, perform website maintenance, and knowledge of Adobe applications an asset
● Experience in a non-profit environment
● Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work within deadlines, be a collaborative team player, work independently, and show initiative and creativity
● Ability to work from a feminist anti-oppression perspective which includes bringing an analysis of gender, race, class, sexuality, ability, and age to all areas of the work
Qualified candidates who are Indigenous, racialized, living with disabilities, and/or who are 2SLGBTQQIA+ are encouraged to apply.
• The starting salary for this role is $24.18 per hour, based on 35 hours per week.
• This position works primarily from / in the EVA BC office.
We thank all the applicants in advance. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested individuals are invited to forward their resume and cover letter outlining suitability for the position by 4:30pm on Monday, October 24, 2022 to:
Ending Violence Association of BC
510 – 1155 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 2P4
Email: email@example.com with the subject line:
Administrative Coordinator of Provincial Services