“JOB OPPORTUNITY: Clinical Services Manager
Clinical Services Manager Competition #74-22
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
About the Role
Family Services has been operating FSEAP (Family Services Employee Assistance Program) since 1984. FSEAP is a national workplace mental health program, providing workplace mental health, training, and counselling services to organizations. FSEAP Vancouver delivers these services across BC and the Yukon.
Working from a trauma informed perspective, the Clinical Services Manager provides overall leadership, coordination, and management with respect to our intake call centre, immediate crisis counselling services, and work/life services provided to our clients. This role ensures that these services are delivered with the highest standards of service quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. This position also works in collaboration with the Clinical Counselling Manager and assists in providing management and clinical supervision to our Core Team Counsellors and Affiliate Network Counsellors in their absence
What we offer you:
Benefits of working with us:
Starting at three weeks’ vacation for full time staff and growing to more +
Three (3) paid household leave days a year
One paid Wellness Day a year
Paid sick pay
Two and a half paid Agency days for full time staff
Five paid days for education leave/year
One paid Moving Day/year
Subsidized professional association annual dues
Possibility of hybrid work
A work culture that values transparency, teamwork, learning, fairness and integrity
Health and Welfare benefits:
Generous group health/dental benefits after 3 months.
Three flex options for health/dental coverage depending on the coverage you need
Option of psychological/counselling services (up to $1500/year)
Employee Assistance Plan
Long Term Disability Plan
Group Life Insurance, Travel insurance, ++
Pension: Pension plan enrollment after 12 months
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: MGP3 salary range $69,669- $74,620
Location: Primarily in office at our East Broadway office with the possibility of working in a Hybrid role
Posting End Date: Posting will remain open until filled
What you bring:
Education, Training, Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent in counseling, psychology, social work, or related discipline with minimum 8 years’ clinical experience, including 3-5 years’ management/clinical supervisory experience
• 2 years of short-term trauma resolution and/or call centre/crisis line experience (internal, external, or contract) and works from a trauma informed perspective
• Experience managing a counselling clinic, team, and/or call/care centre preferred
• Workplace Mental Health, EAP, or Psychological Health & Safety knowledge or experience
• Experience in developing and delivering group training and workshops for internal staff
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Exceptional clinical ability and judgment.
• Significant knowledge of therapeutic and counselling modalities, in particular, short-term, solution-focused treatment approaches.
• Substantial knowledge regarding mental health, substance abuse, and critical incident response.
• Knowledge of legal requirements regarding mandatory reporting and duty to warn.
• Superior individual and group clinical supervision skills.
• Outstanding leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, engage, and support staff.
• Proficiency in program development, including the development of policies and practices to support best- practice clinical service delivery.
• Systems thinking with the ability to evaluate and develop new systems, processes, and protocols with the goal of increased efficiencies and continual improvement in client service.
• Ability to think strategically and to proactively develop solutions to problems.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of resources in the community pertaining to clinical issues; competence in working with a multi-cultural community.
• Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database is required for this role
• Membership/Registration, in good standing, with a counselling profession registering body
• Successful completion of criminal record check
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination status will be required
How to apply:
If this describes you, please submit your application to us through our website, https://fsgv.ca/careers/
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the communities we so proudly serve, while encompassing the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, people of all gender expressions and sexual orientations including queer, trans, and two-spirit people. In our words and actions, we recognize the challenges for those facing inequalities, while acknowledging our privilege, as we continuously strive to remove bias and reduce barriers that individuals may experience in the hiring and job-seeking process. We invite feedback from all applicants who apply for roles with the Agency.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #74-22 in email subject line) outlining your interest and relevant experience to your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up. **if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “Internal Candidate” in the Comments section at the bottom of the online application**
Our programs are located on the traditional, ancestral, and unseeded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the Xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw(Squamish), Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil Waututh), Qayqayt,Katzie, Kwantlen, Kwekwetlem,Semiahmoo,Matsqui,and Tsawwassen First Nations. Huy ch q’u.”